It’s the end of the decade! Wow. I made it to 2019. It’s been a journey. I’m going to recap the year and some big moments from the past decade.
- Got promoted to full time at my job
- Cut my hair for the first time
- Got my first apartment
- Got two tattoos
2019 was a big year for me. I am very happy how things have turned out this year. If you have been following my blog for some time, you have read about my ups and downs over the years. So for this year to go as well as it did, I am very grateful.
- Graduated high school in 2010
- Voted for Obama in my first eligible Presidential election in 2012
- Started my blog in 2013
- Finished college in 2014
These were some of my best moments over the past decade.
Across the Nation
The past ten years have been a rollercoaster for the country
- Obama served two terms from 2008-2016
- Gay marriage was legalized in all 50 states in 2015
- Mass shootings continue to claim the lives of hundreds each year
- Police involved shootings of unarmed Black people led to the founding of Black Lives Matter
- TV shows such as Scandal birthed the phenomenon of live tweeting
- Netflix became one of the biggest streaming platforms ever with original programming premiering in 2012.
- We lost Michael Jackson in 2009, Whitney Houston in 2012, Prince in 2016, and Aretha Franklin in 2018. We honestly lost a lot of famous people this decade.
- TV shows and movies got more diverse, even though the awards shows did not.
- Disney now owns pretty much everything, and released their own streaming service this year
- Reboots of 80s and 90s movies and TV shows have ruled the airwaves much to many people’s disapproval.
This year has been good for me. I am grateful to have been able to accomplish what I accomplished this year. I hope the new year brings more joy and good experiences. Have a happy New year.